Thursday 29 November 2012

MONEY MATTERS

Earlier i talked about  focusing in the right direction. Currently am doing a postmortem of my problems and the one that ranks highly is money related issues. It gives me a complete headache and causes me from time to time to have a fight with those that i love. So i decided i needed to hear what my God was going to tell me about all this and i went looking in the bible. and i will share what i found
  •  Gods will is that i recognize that i am a steward of all he has given me to manage for Him. He choses to entrust me with as much or as little as He desires (the word steward here refers to One who manages another's property, finances, or other affairs). Simply put i am a manager of what God chooses for me.
  • I am responsible for all i have been given and will give an account to God for the management of His resources. God will only entrust to me what is within my ability and not beyond it. Sometimes we try to get more than we can chew and it becomes a problem i rather love this idea that God will only allow me to manage that which i can.
  • God does and will expect an increase from what he has given me. Remeber the story of the servants who were given the "money" one invested and got 10 fold.........and there is that one who hid his.....God does indeed expect us to invest or manage wisely with his help. He says whoever lacks wisdom let him ask and God will give.
  • He who has promised is indeed faithful and he has said in His word that whoever takes care of the little he has been given he will be given authority over much.
We should remember that everything we have is ultimately a gift from God, the maker of everything. In Ecclesiates 5:19 it says "As for every man to whom God has given riches and wealth, and given him power to eat of it, to receive his heritage and rejoice in his labour- this is a gift from God.
Also remember that God takes us a step at a time.So if you are faithful with what you have been given now - remember he gives the seed to the sower - he will give you authority over much.

No comments:

Post a Comment