Saturday 22 July 2017

I AM because YOU ARE

Someone once told me, I am, because You are. And it got me thinking, who am I? if i will affect people by simply being myself, what kind of an example am I? Will someone be better because they knew me, knew us?
And thus my mind is taken back to this week. The invitation of diversity into one room. 47 counties represented under one roof by people who love what they do, people who make others become ,because their work is the community. Community ....a very strong word. And i am awed because this difference is what makes us who we are. Kenyan to the very core. Different tribes, ages, colours, sizes and the richness of diverse experience. I am having a moment....
We are here, all of us, to have meaningful conversations on topics that will bring change to our communities. Our aim is to have people not only talk about children learning , not only ask themselves the fundamental question of are our children learning , but motivate them to take action. 
They will become because we are, because we have accepted the call to go into the world and make a difference. In itself this group of people is a community. A community that has been empowered to become. We have all pulled together for a united cause, and you can be assured that the change we want to bring will be greater than us, greater than what just one individual can achieve on their own. It will require input. Will require contribution of thought and commitment to effort. It requires people like you and me to become so that others can be. 
We have a purpose, a mission by the end of the day. That our actions will inspire others to dream more, learn more , do more and be more because we have accepted to be more. Put our differences aside and decided to make a difference in our world.

WE ARE BECAUSE YOU ARE
.......SO WHAT HAVE YOU CHOSEN TO BE

.........LET WHO YOU ARE BE THE CATALYST THAT CHANGES THE WORLD.

4 comments:

  1. True. We don't live in solitude. The reason we exist is because of someone. That is the whole purpose of live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always notable message you carry along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed the Ubuntu spirit if well inculcated and internalized trust me we would have the best world for our children,the trees would grow,the air would be fresh,the public spending would be prudent hence quality education for all children, quality health care system that is affordable and available,we would have clean water that is accessible, thank you Emily for this insightful article it has inspired me too look at Kenya beyond now... The Kenya I want.

    ReplyDelete